Head of Design (Manchester)
We’re on the look out for an incredibly talented Head of Design.
A visual storyteller whose award-winning design ideas will help create impactful brands & memorable visual experiences; someone with real ambition who can take our growing integrated agency to the next level.
You’ve a great eye for modern design and understand how it interacts with and supports successful multi-disciplinary campaigns. And you’ll have a proven track record in creating great design for communications across all channels.
An agency background is a must.
About the role
As Head of BJL Design, you’re free to express yourself. It’s your chance to collaborate and inspire the team around you. Your passion for detail is infectious and you’re brilliant at making sure your design ideas always exceed client expectations and are executed within budget and timescales.
Your role at BJL involves working with our internal creative teams, digital teams – and of course nurturing our talented designers. And you’re client facing, so you’ll work well with external clients, pitching designs, and understanding client needs. It’s an exciting role, and one that the right person can thrive in.
- Take a lead role in managing design elements of our brand and creative briefs and become a key be point of contact on lead projects
- Develop conceptual design ideas and brand visualisation that bring to life our creative propositions
- Collaborate across the creative teams to generate proactive ideas for pitches and proposals
- Provide quality control over design outputs and production
- Influencing design-led thinking across the business
Skills and Competencies
- You’re instantly credible with our senior clients, can easily grasp and interpret their challenges, and able to pitch conceptual design ideas with a clear strategic rationale
- Excellent organisational and communication skills and the ability to manage multiple projects
- Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography & limitations of online and offline design work
- Ability to communicate effectively and lead design projects from concept to completion
- At least six years experience in a senior designer role, with a portfolio that spans brand, conceptual and communications design across high profile brands. And as well as print, it would be also be an advantage to have some moving image knowledge.
If this sounds like you, please send your CV and a little bit about yourself to email@example.com