Lead Developer (Manchester)
If you’re a Lead Developer looking for a new challenge, then we want to hear from you. We’re on the lookout for a developer to join our expanding and diverse creative team based at our Manchester office. You’ll be working across a range of fantastic clients and interesting briefs.
But most of all, this role will allow you to ‘Stand for something. Stand for inspiring everyone around you. Stand for being one step ahead of the industries trends. Stand for learning new things. Stand for developing your developer skills. Stand for being cool and calm even when you’re under pressure. Stand for showing your ambition and drive. We are after a developer who is passionate about software development, you will be well versed in helping clients navigate the evolving technological landscape and leading and organising a team to deliver against a shared vision. As our lead developer you’ll work on production and maintenance across a wide range of exciting projects and you will also play a key role in project discovery phases, providing technical knowhow and flair to the full agency team. Opportunities like this don’t just pass you by every day, so if this sounds like your cup of tea, please get in touch.
- Working closely with Producers, UX, and Design to plan our technical projects
- Ability to create appropriate architectures and specifications associated to technical projects
- Leading the development and testing of projects, including hands-on development
- Overseeing and managing other technical team members & freelancers on projects, conducting code-reviews and assessments to ensure that code developed is robust and reusable
- Working with other (non technical) disciplines to ensure they understand the implications of effort, complexity, reliability, and scalability of any designed solutions.
- Mentor other developers in technical proficiencies and ensure others code to the highest and most efficient way they can
- Leadership of standards and guidelines within the technology department (e.g. coding standards, code templates, accessibility guidelines, best practice etc)
- Champion, oversee, and enforces quality assurance within the department
Essential skills and experience:
- Considerable experience in developing functional and rich interactive websites and digital experiences. Work should be of the highest quality and proven to work across multiple browsers, platforms, and mobile devices
- Have some experience in a senior development role; coaching, leading, mentoring, or overseeing other technical team members
- Have experience working in the full life-cycle of web projects; (scoping, technical design, development, testing, and deployment)
- Candidates will be willing to recommend and adapt to new tools and technologies that they may not have previous experience of
- Have demonstrable experience integrating with 3rd party APIs such as Google Maps, Facebook, Twitter
- Good understanding of version control systems, preferably GitLab
- Good understanding of project workflow and testing tools such as Trello
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to work closely with others, in and around the technology team.
- Have excellent problem solving skills and be proactive at offering solutions when needed
- Excellent attention to detail
- Back end development skills in Node.js, PHP, or Python
- Systems administration & Dev ops experience on hosting platforms such as Gandi, Digital Ocean and AWS
- Administration of tools such as GitLab
- JS based data visualisation
- JS physics libraries
- Enterprise Content Management System development and configuration
- New business pitch experience
- Managing 3rd party suppliers and working with onshore/offshore partners
- Physical computing with hardware such as Arduino or Raspberry Pi